(07) 3267 8066 Mon-Fri: 8:30am-5:00pm Find us on Facebook

Call us today
(07) 3267 8066

Deceased Estates Brisbane

Why should I make an Enduring Power of Attorney

By signing an Enduring Power of Attorney you appoint one or more persons who you rely upon and trust to look after your assets and to speak to doctors and health practitioners when you are not
well enough to do so. This may follow an accident or a medical procedure.

Imagine you are taken to hospital and you are not responsive. The hospital staff will speak to your appointed Attorney, your mother, father, son or daughter and discuss what can be done for you and what you had told your Attorney to do in such an event.

If there is not an Attorney appointed then a family member will have to go to the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal and explain what is the problem and ask to be appointed to look after you. In that event, there will be delays of many weeks, and of course, costs.

Peter Daley

Peter Daley was admitted to practice as a solicitor in the Supreme Court of Queensland and the High Court of Australia on January 31 1984. In August 1985 Peter established a legal practice in the Brisbane suburb of Banyo.

Call me today (07) 3267 8066.